This fried rice recipe features healthy quinoa and savory spices for a nourishing meal for the whole family. Plus you can earn up to 183 Points!
- 1 package (8.5-ounce) SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Organic Quinoa Brown Rice (Earn 145 Points)
- 1–2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 egg (Earn 29 Points)
- 3 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (Earn 3 Points)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cut-up cooked chicken, pork, turkey or shrimp (Earn 3 Points)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (Earn 3 Points)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (Earn 3 Points)
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) peas
- In small dish, stir together soy sauce, Sriracha and sesame oil; set aside.
- In small bowl, lightly beat the egg and water.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsps. oil over medium heat.
- Pour in the egg, swirl the pan so the egg forms a large thin pancake. (Lift the edge of the egg to allow any uncooked egg to run to the center.)
- As soon as the egg has set, turn it out of the pan onto a cutting board.
- Cool, cut into 1-inch thin strips.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir mushrooms, green onion, carrots, garlic and ginger root 3 minutes or until mushrooms are softened.
- Stir in SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice, chicken, peas, egg strips and reserved soy sauce mixture.
- Heat 2–3 minutes, stirring frequently to coat rice in sauce and to heat through.
- Garnish with cilantro.
See full recipe here.