Who says you can only have tacos on Tuesdays? This taco casserole is an easy and delicious way to to add some spice to a family dinner plus earn up to 730 Points!
- 1 lb. ground beef (earn 3 Points)
- 1 small onion, chopped (earn 3 Points)
- 1 cup Ortega taco sauce (earn up to 340 Points)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 12 white taco shells or 12 yellow taco shells, broken, divided (earn up to 340 Points)
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese (earn 44 Points)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Cook beef and onion until beef is browned; drain.
- Stir in taco sauce, water, chilies and seasoning mix.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Layer half of broken shells on bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with half of meat mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
See full recipe here.