As the weather starts to cool down, this recipe offers up rib-sticking comfort food and can earn you up to 859 Points!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (earn 3 Points)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 lb Blushing Belle Little Potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (earn up to 850 Points)
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup milk, light cream, or heavy cream (earn 3 Points)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken, shredded or chopped (earn 3 Points)
- 1 cup frozen peas or mixed vegetables, thawed
- To taste: kosher salt or pepper, freshly ground
- For garnish: parsley, chopped
- Step 1: In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, and thyme and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 2: Stir in the potatoes and the chicken or vegetable broth.
- Step 3: Bring to a boil and simmer with the lid on until the potatoes are tender but not mushy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 4: While the potatoes are cooking, shake together the flour and milk or cream in a jar to mix it up.
- Step 5: Grate the cheese and thaw the frozen peas (or mixed veggies) under some running water.
- Step 6: Once the potatoes are cooked, add the flour and cream mixture to the Dutch oven. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, allowing it to thicken.
- Step 7: Stir in the shredded cheese, chicken, and thawed vegetables and cook until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through. Adjust the seasoning to your tastes.
- Step 8: Garnish with parsley and serve with a crusty bun or bread.
See full recipe here.