Vital Choice offers home delivery of wild seafood from responsible fisheries and farms. Vital Choice stands out amongst the competition due to their commitment to organic seafood and meat. This commitment allows customers to eat high-quality food without any guilt about how the fish and animals were raised.
Products available include wild salmon, scallops, shrimp, lobster and much more. In addition to their wide selection of seafood, Vital Choice also sells customers grass-fed beef, pasture-raised chicken and much more. If you’re interested in giving Vital Choice a go, here are five recipes you can consider when your Vital Choice seafood delivery order arrives!
5 Scrumptious Recipes for a Vital Choice Seafood Delivery
Seafood soup makes for a great meal on the cooler days. This one includes both medium shrimp and salmon filets, which are available from Vital Choice. Before ordering, use a Vital Choice coupon to save money on your order.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound salmon filets, skinned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
To make this delicious seafood soup, simply heat oil in a saucepan, and add onion and green pepper. Once those veggies are softened, you can add the carrots and garlic. Let it cook for a little while before adding tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine and seasonings. Let it boil and cook for 30 minutes. Finally, you can add the salmon, shrimp, and parsley and cook it for 7-10 minutes.
This is a protein-packed soup with lots of good flavor. It cooks in the slow cooker, so be sure to get started early. Vital Choice offers a variety of shrimp so you can find organic ingredients for this recipe.
- 1 can of coconut milk (398 ml)
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red curry paste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fish sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Pepper to taste
- 1 bag (340 g) medium shrimp (31/40 count), raw and peeled
- 1/2 package (250 g) rice vermicelli
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cilantro leaves
First, you will need to combine stock, curry paste, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, coconut milk, and fish sauce in the slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, and pepper and stir. Let it cook for 6 to 7 hours. After 6 to 7 hours, add the shrimp and rice vermicelli to the mixture. Let it cook until the rice vermicelli is al dente. Then, add some cilantro on top before serving.
This Fisherman’s Style Seafood Stew has a great blend of several types of seafood. It includes squid, shrimp, snapper, cod, clams and mussels. Add some ciabatta bread and you will have a tasty and complete meal for the whole family.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (32-ounces) jar tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed
- 12 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 12 ounces cod filets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 ounces skin-on snapper filets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 ounces cleaned squid, bodies cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
To make this hearty stew, thinly slice the garlic cloves. Heat ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil in a dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally. Add the wine after about 5 minutes and boil until it’s been reduced by half. Add the tomato sauce and vinegar, then let it simmer. Next, add the clams and mussels, letting them cook until the mussels open. Move the mussels to a large bowl and do the same with the clams. Add salt to the snapper, cod, and shrimp and add the seafood to the pot and cook on medium heat, letting it simmer for 6 minutes. Then add the squid and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the mussels, clams and parsley. Remove from heat and let it stand for 2 minutes before serving.
This cod and asparagus bake is made with tender cod and delicious fresh veggies. A little bit of lemon and grated cheese adds extra flavor. Plus, it only uses one pan.
- 4 cod filets (4 ounces each )
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
First, you will need to preheat the oven to 375°. Put the cod and asparagus in an oiled baking pan. Place tomatoes in the pan, cut sides down. Brush the fish with lemon juice and add lemon zest. Then, sprinkle cheese on top of it all. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the fish is flaky. Finally, broil the cod mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly brown.
If you love fish tacos but want something heartier, fish burritos are a great way to go. You can follow the recipe, but feel free to add in different vegetables, spices, and salsas to your liking!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- two 4 oz. filets of mild white fish
- salt pepper, and smoked paprika to taste
- 1/4 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 medium carrot shredded
- 1 cup cooked seasoned rice or other grain
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro optional
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 large flour tortillas
To make these delicious fish burritos, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add the filets, season them with salt, pepper and paprika, and let the filets cook for 5 minutes on each side. Then, move them to a plate. Wipe the skillet and add the rest of the olive oil. Add sliced onion and bell pepper and stir while they soften. Then add zucchini and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the carrot shreds and let them cook for a few seconds. Then, assemble your burritos and enjoy!