The weather is hot, so why not cool things down with some refreshing gazpacho? This recipe will help to beat the heat while earning up to 856 Points!
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (earn 3 Points)
- 1 ½ cups whole-milk plain Greek yogurt, divided (earn up to 850 Points)
- ½c up olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4oz. ciabatta or country-style bread, crust removed, bread torn into 1” pieces (about 2½ cups)
- 1medium English hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, cut into large pieces (earn 3 Points)
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 large tomatillos (about 12 oz.), husked, quartered
- 4 scallions, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- Piment d’Espelette or Hungarian hot paprika (for serving)
Whisk vinegar, lime juice, 1 cup yogurt, and ½ cup oil in a large bowl until smooth. Add bread, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatillos, scallions, jalapeños, garlic, and ¾ tsp. salt and toss to coat (make sure bread is well coated so it can soak up as much flavor as possible). Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Working in batches, purée bread and vegetable mixture in a blender until very smooth; transfer to a large bowl and season gazpacho with salt.
Whisk remaining ½ cup yogurt in a small bowl, thinning with water a tablespoonful at a time, until the consistency of heavy cream; season with salt.
Serve soup in chilled bowls. Drizzle with thinned yogurt and more oil and sprinkle with piment d’Espelette.
DO AHEAD: Gazpacho can be made 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Mix well before serving.
See full recipe here.