Fall is just around the corner and this recipe will warm your family’s tummy and earn up to XXX Points!
- 3 ½ ounces dried apricots (Earn 58 Points)
- 4 skin-on chicken breasts (Earn 88 Points)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion (diced) (Earn 3 Points)
- 1 garlic clove (thinly sliced)
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°. In a bowl, cover the apricots with hot water and let stand until soft, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Step 2: Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and roast according to package directions.
- Step 3: Add the onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf to the skillet. Season with salt and cook over moderate heat until the onion is tender. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, scraping up the browned bits in the skillet. Add the chicken stock, apricots and apricot preserves and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until the sauce thickens. Off the heat, swirl in the butter until melted. Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to plates, spoon the sauce on top and serve.
See full recipe here.