We’re substituting the sugar-free version of Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels to get all the deliciousness with less sugar! This easy recipe has five ingredients and can earn you up to 513 Points.
- 1 sheet frozen ready-to-bake puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored (earn 3 Points)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 14 pieces. (4.51 oz.) Werther´s Original (Sugar-free) Chewy Caramels, unwrapped (earn up to 510 Points)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lay the puff pastry on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Cut a 9 -10-inch circle. Prick the surface all over, well, with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown on top. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut each apple into 8 wedges. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until apples begin to soften. Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 5 minutes or until apples are cooked through. Remove apples from skillet and set aside.
- Add the cinnamon and caramels to skillet and melt over low heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Return apples to skillet and fold them into the melted caramel.
- Spoon the warm apple mixture over cooked pastry.
See full recipe here.