If you’re resolving to cut down on your meat intake in 2022, Impossible Foods makes it painless to do so! Check out this easy pasta recipe which takes 30 minutes and can earn you up to XXXX Points!
- 1 Package Impossible™ Sausage Made From Plants (Spicy, 14 Oz) (earn up to 1,020 Points)
- 1/2 Loaf Finely Diced French Bread Or Coarse Bread Crumbs (earn 3 Points)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt, Plus Additional To Taste
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Parsley, Plus Additional Leaves For Garnish
- 12 Ounces Pasta Such As Gemelli, Cassarecia, Orecchiette, Or Penne (Fresh Or Great Quality, Dried) (earn 3 Points)
- 1/2 Red Onion, Finely Diced (earn 3 Points)
- 1 Clove Garlic, Finely Chopped Or Microplaned
- 2 Ears Corn, Shucked, Kernels Removed From The Cob
- 1 Basket Cherry Tomatoes, Cut In Half (earn 3 Points)
- Chili Flakes, To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the diced French bread in a bowl with two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and add half the parsley while still hot; set aside.
- Place a large pot of water seasoned with salt on the stove and bring to a boil. Add the pasta to the water and cook according to package directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving a half cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the remaining one tablespoon olive oil to a 10-12 inch sauté pan over medium high heat. Drop heaping tablespoons of the sausage into the pan (about 20 spoonfuls). Cook until brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes. Remove sausage from the pan, and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the same sauté pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the corn and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Finish by adding the sausage and the reserved pasta water to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and combine thoroughly with the sauce. Turn off the heat.
- Finish with remaining parsley and chili flakes if desired. Place into a large bowl or individual bowls and garnish with the seasoned breadcrumbs and parsley leaves.
See full recipe here.