‘Tis the season to be shopping and we want to make sure your purchases = MyPoints rewards!
Here are some tips to make sure your shopping Points are credited properly:
MyPoints partners with thousands of retailers to offer “cash back” in the form of Points which can be redeemed for gift cards and more. When you shop via a BonusMail offer, or link on our website or the Score! browser extension, you are sending tracking to the merchant to let them know you are shopping through MyPoints. That tracking also passes information that ties your transaction to your MyPoints account so the merchant can send that information back to MyPoints.
In order for your purchase to track properly, follow these recommendations for best results:
- Make sure you have tracking enabled in your browser settings. You need to allow tracking and cookies in order for merchant to credit MyPoints with your purchase which in turn allows us to award you Points for the transaction.
- Make sure you do not have any ad blockers enabled on the browser you use for shopping and MyPoints. This can prevent the tracking information from being passed to the merchant.
- Use the Score! browser extension so you are alerted when you are on a MyPoints partner retailer.
- Only one affiliate partner at most will be credited for your transaction, so if you have extensions or coupons you are using from other sites, they may override your MyPoints tracking.
- Coupon codes not available on MyPoints or via Score! may render your transaction ineligible for Points.
- Familiarize yourself with merchant terms and exclusions. Some merchants will not award Points for certain items or categories.
- Make your purchase immediately after clicking on the BonusMail, MyPoints site link or Score! pop-up without clicking on any other non-MyPoints or retailer links so you don’t accidentally overwrite tracking.
- It can take 24 hours to 1 week for merchants to report your transaction to MyPoints.
- Once reported, your purchase Points will pend for 32 days before being available for redemption.
- Returns and exchanges will result in Point reversals. If you are doing an exchange and want to earn Points, you must complete the exchange transaction via MyPoints or the Score! extension. Exchanges made in-store or via retailer customer service will not be credited to the original transaction.